Hi --------------------------------------------------- Update : 2010/10/14 - "Adagio" comes with a new taskbar, dark and transparent, positioned at the top or at the bottom of screen (choose the correct .theme file). - Sidebar fully compatible (taskbar positioned at the sides). - MSN support (problem with the flashing button fixed). - And others minor changes and improvements. ----------------------------------------------------
Here is my new theme, Adagio, a visual style for Windows 7. Aero and Basic interface support, x32 and x64 fully compatible, with, in exclusivity, the introduction of the "info extended" for explorer (for more informations, visit: [link]). Please read carefully all the comment if you have any question.
I decided to create this theme after I have discovered Silent Night by DaHLiA-7. It's a theme which inspired me a lot for the creation of this visual style. In particular, I was seduced by the harmony of its colors. I wanted to create a theme simple, elegant and fully usable. The simplicity and the elegance are represented by the mixture of black, white, gray and blue, as dominant colors, which are my 4 favorite colors, but also by the purified design of the entire interface and finally by the slight transparency (aero effect) I added to the startmenu and for taskbar. The theme is compatible with aero interface, but also with basic mode, for x32 and x64 bits systems and with (almost) all the applications.
c) Limitations knows:
Of course, the theme may contain some inconveniences: For aesthetic reasons I had to delete the search box from startmenu. The text of the internet explorer's adressbar is not correctly positioned (for IE8).
II) Installation a) Conditions For Windows 7 build 7600 (don't try it with an earlier version= beta) You system must be patched --> [link] Aero and Basic support x32 and x64 fully compatible The archive Adagio.rar contains" : - Adagio.theme file - Adagio folder (adagio.msstyles etc) - System files folder - Tools folder ( Patch files for your system, TakeControl.exe) - Calmness.jpg (wallpaper) - Info Extended folder (with 2 registry files) = 8 Mo
b) Installation: Before any modification, make a restore point ! .
1) Theme installation: Extract the content of the archive in your themes folder : Letterofyourdisk/windows/resources/themes (or select the "adagio" folder and move it in your themes folder. You must get something like that: Letterofyourdisk/windows/resources/themes/Adagio.theme Letterofyourdisk/windows/resources/themes/Adagio/Adagio.msstyles Letterofyourdisk/windows/resources/themes/Adagio Wallpaper
to apply the theme: - double-click on "Adagio.theme" - or, right-clik on desktop, personalize and choose the"Adagio"theme - or with tune up utilities, avestyler or win7stylebuilder...
2) System files installation (only 2): explorerframe.dll and explorer.exe Choose the files corresponding to your system (x64 or x32) and you language (french or english=others languages too) After, take the complete control of these 2 files, rename and replace them by my own files modified. explorerframe.dll: change explorer's buttons, the organisation of icons and it allows you to display the "info extended" (necessary !) explorer.exe: change the startmenu's orb (optionnal but it's better)
Restart your PC
3) "Info extended" application (it requires the modifications of some parts of your registry: but don't worry, there is no risk) Make a backup of your registry if you want: open it, unhide the menubar, click on "file" and "export" all your registry. in the archive you will find a folder called "Info Extended for Explorer": just double-click on the registry file appropriate to apply automatically the modifications.
c) Advices on use: After the complete installation, you can use Adagio like you want. Nevertheless I recommend you follow these instructions to optimize the use of this theme. 1) - Delete some items (such as the control panel, printer ...) in the right pane of start menu in order to reduce its size like in the screenshot: --> [link] 2) - Use the taskbar positioned on the top (TopTaskBar) to benefit from a better depiction in terms of colors. 3) - Use this application, created by SweatyFish, to add a slight shadow below the taskbar. 4) - Use small icons for the taskbar (and"never combined" mode). 5) - With the "info extended", the detail pane is no longer needed. You can disable it.
III) Notes a) Credit - Of course at first special thank for , the brillant creator of Silent Night which inspired me this theme - I would also like to thank and for their help - Thx to for his great wallpaper "Calmness": [link] - Special Thx for all these groups -
b) Permissions You can use/edit/share this theme like you want. But of course don't forget the credits .
1) For what OS this theme is ? For Windows 7 build 7600
2) Sorry i'm beginner, how to install it ? Please read II) b) 1)
3) I tried to install the theme, like indicated, but i didn't succeed !!! Make sure your system is patched and you extracted the archive in the correct path to get the right tree like shown in II) b) 1)
4) The theme is applied, but how to replace the 2 system files ? Select your original and current files, rename them and replace them my own files in the archive
5) The system files replacement didn't work, how to do ?!!! Make sure your UAC (User Account Control) is disabled and you have taken the full control of these files
6) What are the "info extended for Explorer ? Is there risk ? These improvements bring a new experience for your browser: they allow you to display directly and automatically all the needed informations in your explorer when you selected any item, folder or file. Don't worry there is no risk If you a careful person, you can create a restore point and save your registry before any modification.
7) All is installed, but I experience a problem ! At first, verify if the description and the resolution of this problem are not already mentionned in my comment ( III)-c) ). Otherwise, please explain me in detail the "bug", by accompanying your description of a screenshot of what's wrong. More you will be precise, the better I could help you
8) I like your current theme but can you change such or such part ? It depends: if the desired changes are not numerous, and on the other hand if they remain faithful to the spirit of the theme, and above all if these modifcations improve really the visual style, I'm ready to edit it.
9) Can you port this theme for Vista or Snow Leopard ? Sorry but I don't use any of these two systems. So I can't port it myself. But if you able to do it or if you know someone ready to do it, the permissions are accorded.
if you like this theme, then you willl also like this skin, created by me, and who inspired me
If you some questions, critics, notes etc, don't hesitate, post your message I will try to answer to all the comments In case of problem, i will try to update the theme as quick as possible
Adagio theme is a fantastic piece of customization for win7. The little details bright on your eyes. A beautifull theme compatible with any workstation isn't so easy to find everyday, and this easily goes into the hall of fame. The file info added to the folders is a incredible increase for the next mac-like themes. Raj did a great job on the "Dark Soft", but on Adagio, he did a fantastic job. A mix of white taskbar, dark titlebars, and very creative details make this theme on of the best for win 7 in my opinion. I recommend the work of this guy! much more good to come of him
~ProbTemp Aug 23, 2012 "Really love this theme, I'm just have a slight issue. When I try to browse (Like when choosing an attachment for an email) no links to the C drive, My Computer, etc appear on the left hand of the window so I can't leave the folder it starts out in. It does this in various other capacities whenever trying to browse for a file in the Windows file directory (Like when trying to specify a location to install a program to or something). Other than that this theme has been amazing, really quality work."
I have the exact same issue... How can I solve it?
My Etsy Shop:
Holidays dear humans
:+fav: this journal
to have a cha...
DeviantART is proud
to announce that
SketchBook users on
iPad and Android
tablets now have the
ability to create
and submit art
directly from their
with Autodesk has
to become the first
into SketchBook --
se, :+fav: this
journal for the
featured artists to
person who favorites
this journal will
_____Thank you all
for the support on
Art and Music are
endless sources of
let's have fun
then select a song
and 3 artworks that
go with your
themeOur judges will
then select the best
st Place:"'til Hell
Working with color
can be difficult no
matter what medium
you choose, but it
can be especially
Learning how to mix
your own colors is
equally as important
as learning how to
apply them to your
work.1. No matter
what your art
teacher says, YOU
CAN use black and
^Nyx-Valentine arrived in our community and started whipping everyone into a frenzy with her relentless desire to bring the Artistic Nude and Fetish galleries to the fore. 9 years later, and it's safe to say that Nyx is not only a leader as a photographer in these galleries, but she has also established herself as a much saught after model. ^... Read More